The autoimmune protocol diet (AIP) is designed to help reduce inflammation in the body to relieve symptoms of autoimmune disorders.
WHAT CAN YOU EAT ON THE AIP DIET?
- All animal proteins (excluding eggs)
- All vegetables (excluding nightshades)
- Fruits in moderation
- Healthy fats (avocado, olive oil, coconut oil, animal fats, etc.)
- Bone broth, organ meats
- Grain-free baking flours (cassava, tigernut, tapioca, coconut, etc.)
WHAT SHOULD YOU AVOID?
- All grains (wheat, oats, rice, corn, etc.)
- All dairy (all dairy of all types)
- All legumes (all beans such as lentils, black beans, chickpeas, and vegetables like green beans as well as peanuts)
- Nightshade vegetables and spices (tomatoes, potatoes, eggplant, all peppers, red spices)
- All nuts and seeds
- Seed based spices (mustard, cumin, sesame, etc.)
- Thickeners, gums, and food additives
- Poor quality seed oils (sunflower oil, canola oil, soybean oil, etc.)
This is a wonderful site that gives you information & recipes while on the AIP diet.