If you’re looking for a plant based protein breakfast, pick me up, or meal replacement, and or looking to boost your immune system, fight off an illness or aid in disease therapy, this smoothie might just be what you’ve been looking for – and guess what? It taste so good!
Brightly colored berries means they’re rich in antioxidants, anti-aging, and anticancer – making them one of the best foods you can eat for disease prevention.
Bananas are rich in vitamin B6, vitamin C, dietary fiber and manganese. They are also fat-free, cholesterol-free and virtually sodium-free. The average banana has 14 grams of sugar, so if you are on a cancer or low carb diet, omit the banana.
Orange essential oil has antioxidant properties and cleanses the digestive system, not to mention makes any drink taste even better.
Almond milk and almond yogurt have antioxidants, heart healthy fat, fiber, vitamin E, and minerals like magnesium.
Coconut milk comes from the white flesh of mature brown coconuts, which are the fruit of the coconut tree. 93% of its calories come from fat, including saturated fats known as medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs). It contains many nutrients including fiber, Vit. C & E (antioxidants) folate, and magnesium.
Ningxia Red is a delicious antioxidant beverage combining an extraordinary wolfberry superfruit (in the Goji berry family) with 100% pure essential oils in a powerful, whole-body nutrient infusion.
Honey is a good source of antioxidants and has a lower glycemic index that sugar.
Hemp seed oil is a powerful oil that comes from the seeds of the hemp plant. The seeds do not contain the same levels of compounds as the plant itself, but they are packed with antioxidants and still have a rich profile of nutrients, fatty acids, and useful bioactive compounds. I’ve been using this hemp seed oil for years and highly recommend.
Organic Barley is a grass powder packed with fiber and antioxidants.
- 1 C. organic mixed berries: fresh or frozen
- 1 banana (I like mine frozen and keep them in a ziplock bag in freezer.
- 3 drops of orange essential oil
- 1 C. dairy free almond milk yogurt (plain to ensure lower sugar)
- 1/2 C. unsweetened almond or coconut milk (add more milk if you like it thinner)
- 1-2 shots of Ningxia Red
- If you skip the banana, and need a bit of sweetening, you can add 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 Tbs. hemp seed oil
- 1 scoop of organic plant protein
- 1 tsp. organic barley
- Pour milk in first, then add rest of the ingredients
- Blend until until smooth
- Poor into your favorite glass, and sip away. I enjoy drinking this out of a straw!
Enjoy and happy healing from the inside out!